Sunday, August 28, 2016

My Visceral Response 


Photo by Ammon Cluff

When I think of something that has beauty in it, I automatically think of nature. Nature is beautiful to me in every way possible. Ammon Cluff, an amazing nature photographer residing in St. George, captured this beautiful image. The use of space and the way he's able to capture sunlight is indeed stupefying. Being able to look at mountains and being able to live surrounded by them makes me feel at home, and that's why I love this photo so much. 

Color plays a huge role is this photo and is what grabbed my attention and admiration. There's so many beautiful colors in this image, including different values of purple throughout all the rocks. And on top of the pretty landscape is an intensity of yellow, specifically with the sun rays that point toward the ground. The sun rays also have to do with line, grabbing my attention and moving my eyes toward the landscape. 

Spacing is greatly portrayed throughout this photo as well. The sky, mountains and landscape at the front of the photo all line together in a wide shot. Most of the space is taken up by the rocks in front of the photo. 

Texture is also evident when it comes to the landscape. The purple/blueish rocks in front have a rough looking texture, while the sky in the background is smooth, creating a nice balance between the two. 

Even though anyone can Google a nature image of Utah, something like this photo is meaningful to me because I live in Utah's very own backyard. It doesn't get much better than that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment